Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Journey to Burma #1

It is my first time on writing a travel blog. Wonder if I wanted to do this, but... the information available online is too little for Burma, so I guess, I might can contribute a little bit to it to make it more informative. But first of all, yeah, I am not a professional solo traveler yet. So please accept my apologize beforehand if there is anything you found inappropriate. :)

Basically, I spent 11 days in Burma back in November 2015. I bought the return flight ticket about 2 weeks before I travel, so it was a little bit costly. The return flight ticket cost me around MYR 610++ from AirAsia to fly in to and out from Yangon, Myanmar.

Note: Yangon is no longer the capital of Myanmar, but it still the biggest city in Myanmar which operates most of the international flight. You may opt to fly in and out thru Mandalay (another big city in Myanmar) if you are going from Bangkok, Thailand.

So, this post would briefly introduce my itinerary and the travel information for this trip and I shall post again on the details of the trip next :)

For Malaysian, we going to need tourist visa to enter Myanmar. Yes, holding Malaysian passport, we need visa to enter Myanmar, a SEA country! Well, this was my first time gotta need a visa to enter a country and surprisingly the visa was not apply thru the embassy of Myanmar but was thru an agent named, Ever Fine Services which located nearby the Masjid Jamek LRT station.

Ever Fine Services: http://www.everfineservices.com.my/
The price was about MYR 141++ and the service is fast as you go in the morning, get your visa ready by evening of the same day. So, I went there at around 9am in the morning and there is less than 2 people in the queue and submit the documents needed, make payment all done by 10am. Then, I went back again at around 3pm to get my visa.

You can find them easily as they located on the second floor (kind of) of a hotel. You may follow the direction on their website to reach their office. It was not hard to find at all.
Basically, the way they work are like they collect the visa application and send it to the embassy around noon and get the visa back for the applicant in afternoon at the same day. If you are going there in the afternoon, do expect to get your visa on the next working day. And if not mistaken, they operates during Saturday too. But for sure, you could not get your visa ready on the same day.

But, do make sure you have your passport with at least 6 months validity, fill in the form (which can be downloaded from their website), and a visa passport sized photo beforehand. (also, not forget about the money $$)

So, got the flight ticket, got the visa, then what else?

Accommodation and itinerary is next!!

Since I will be taking some night bus to travel around the city, the accommodation is not necessary for each of every night when I am there. So, it will be good to done the with itinerary first before book your accommodation.

Day 1: Arrived in Yangon, travel to Bagan at night.
Day 2: Arrived in Bagan
Day 3: Bagan
Day 4: Bagan, travel to Inlay Lake at night
Day 5: Arrived in Inlay Lake, travel to Hsipaw at night
Day 6: Arrived in Hsipaw, start the 3 days 2 nights trekking
Day 7: Trekking
Day 8: End the trekking around noon, and spend a night in Hsi paw
Day 9: Took the Train from Hsi paw to Pyin Oo Lwin, then travel to Mandalay from there
Day 10: Took the bus from Mandalay to Yangon, arrived in Yangon at evening
Day 11: Leave Yangon

For accommodation, I have only spent 2 nights in Bagan, 1 night in Hsi Paw, 1 night in Mandalay and 1 night in Yangon out of the 10 nights in my trip. Other than that, I spent 2 nights in the local village during my trekking in Hsi Paw and 3 nights in the bus.

Also, the trip was twisted from my initial planning after I reached in Hsi Paw. The one listed above was my final itinerary. ^^

Stay tune for more information on the accommodation & bus ticket purchase!





No comments:

Post a Comment